We’re dusting of the old Foodie Friday file today to bring you a super easy, super delicious slow cooker recipe. Pop it in the crockpot before you head off to work or the pool and return to dinner ready and waiting. And your house will smell amazing.
We serve this over Basmati rice with a side of steamed snow peas. It’s a favorite with everyone except the vegetarian, but even she has to admit that it smells delicious. Thanks to Dennis for discovering this one. He’s made it quite a few times, but I hadn’t had a chance to sample it until last week because for so long I wasn’t eating meat. Glad I finally got a chance to try it.
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or chicken pieces, if you prefer)
- 1 cup hot salsa
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Placed chicken in slow cooker. Combine salsa, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and ginger, and pour over chicken.
- Cover; cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice; sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.
Serves six, according to the recipe. Which means in our world it serves about four, so we increase the whole thing by half.